Road to disaster

1. 80,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, this interview shows one way to head down the path to disaster

how is it possible to elect someone this bad??

just imagine if he ran a war and took advice from his mates who called up??

crikey -------- and this is our friend by treaty???? my god!

wonder why they have about half a million dead from covid - even though they are supposed to have the best facilities on the planet?

"And the other thing that made me really concerned was, it was clear that he was getting input from people who were calling him up, I don’t know who, people he knew from business, saying, “Hey, I heard about this drug, isn’t it great?” or, “Boy, this convalescent plasma is really phenomenal.” And I would try to, you know, calmly explain that you find out if something works by doing an appropriate clinical trial; you get the information, you give it a peer review. And he’d say, “Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, this stuff really works.”
    He would take just as seriously their opinion — based on no data, just anecdote — that something might really be important. It wasn’t just hydroxychloroquine, it was a variety of alternative-medicine-type approaches. It was always, “A guy called me up, a friend of mine from blah, blah, blah.” That’s when my anxiety started to escalate."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/health/fauci-trump-covid.html

"Did Peter Navarro or Dr. Scott Atlas, another adviser to the president, or anybody else confront you directly?
    Oh, no. Peter Navarro, for some strange reason, had a thing about me. He came in one day, and he had a whole list of reprints that were completely nonsense. And he says, “How dare you say that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t work? I have 25 papers here that says it works!” That’s when we had a little bit of sharp words in the Situation Room. After that, I said I didn’t want to be bothered with him. I don’t like to be confronting people. After he wrote that editorial, the papers wanted me to lash back at him. I didn’t want to do that."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.