roads at gallipoli

1. 17,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    It seems to me that John Howard should be paying more attention to problems at home than sticking his nose into something that really is none of his own business-i mean it was the Aussies who attacked Turkish soil ---so Turkey can do what they like to Gallipoli land in my view. It seems they have been more than generous putting up with hordes of warmonger relos and tourists for years as it is. Why do we think like we did a hundred years ago like the British Imperialist Dogs who raped and pillaged the world for pure greed---just like the yanks today!!Anzac Day is nothing to most people other than a day off and a piss up!!!!! More health care and education for our people howard you puppet of bush.......

Gallipoli roadworks not our idea: Howard
    April 23, 2005 - 6:54PM

Page Tools
    Email to a friend Printer format
    Roadworks that have damaged parts of Anzac Cove had not been requested by the Australian government, Prime Minister John Howard said.

Mr Howard, who will travel to Turkey for celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the Gallipoli Landing, released documents to show that former Veterans Affairs Minister Dana Vale had asked the roadworks be considered.

But Mr Howard said the work that she had sought was between Chunuk Bair (where the New Zealand National Memorial stands) and the Kemalyeri Memorial, not at Anzac Cove.

He said the stretch where she wanted work completed had since been resealed.

"While it is common ground between Australia and Turkey, that some reinforcement and improvement of the Anzac Cove road was needed, I feel I should put it on record that works of the scale that have actually taken place were not sought by the Australian government," he said.

© 2005 AAP
    Brought

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.