CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

pretty big claim to say that is energy storage? Gravity or...

1. 9,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 851
    pretty big claim to say that is energy storage? Gravity or pressure is teh only water energy storage I can think of and they don't need fresh water. The volumes just aren't that big. Assume it just gets pushed into water grid and in effect ends up in existing dam or tanks or out consumers tap. The claim assumes that there is no other natural fresh water and storing energy is equivalent as not using other energy to do desalination?. I personally don't understand the claim so am obviously missing something. You are not storing energy otherwise I could say my aluminum coke can is actually a energy store. If you believe that then I'll sell you a harbour bridge. So electricity and bauxite gives a end product aluminum and saltwater plus pressure gives fresh water and brine. neither example can be converted back to pressure or electricity so are not a store of electricity.

Unless it can be explained a lot better to me, it is just dribble on a slide or i have totally misunderstood. About time normal every day holders are also given the video of speech with detail and transcript so it is a level playing field?.

This statement also has some upside and downside
    "No requirement for heavy lift barge and crane to install 20 tonne pod on sea floor.

All maintenance can be done alongside at a wharf or dock, where they will only need to pop the top of the buoy to get at all of the gear."

Upside is that it is great not to have stuff on a seafloor. Still need big equipment for foundation install. Trying to avoid 100t crane on one slide and yet elsewhere suggesting concrete gravity foundations- these guys are always having 2 bob each way it seems.

Downside is you are dealing with a huge object c6, horrible shape Bigger means bigger or more tugs , bigger harbour and bigger issue sinking, reconnecting tether and pumping it out again. Maybe it will have a surface access tube to make safe entry at sea into the buoy for simple maintenance but that will be challenging to access and a moving workplace would be something interesting and go against the "nothing to see on the surface claim" ? Diver access through a airlock- hmm very James Bond? ? These huge buoys will also exceed many areas drydock facilities so how do they get re-antifouled every so many years and they were dead against the good non environmental antifouls years ago? They going to use ultrasonic antifouling as growth will affect performance? . With big offshore oil processing ships they actually sail them back to major port for drydock refurb..

Biggest Upside- for someone who likes isolation, darkness , fishing , diving and doesn't get seasick I guess there is a permanent onboard caretaker role up for grabs and CWE could then claim that they are storing energy by also producing air in the buoy to life support the caretaker- yes now I'm just being silly but I guess they said that about lighthouse keepers 200 years go. NASA could train astronauts in them and it could be a income stream to CWE. Hell I should go and patent these ideas before CWE

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.