IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

ROAM e is already selling, page-63

1. 1,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I don't really see the smart watch really been used as a means of controlling your home automation it seems too back to the future like, and just awkward. I think an app on your phone and a secure website would be more likely. The price of sensors has begun dropping substantially so home automation won't be as far fetched/expensive as it once was. The other problem with the smart watch particularly at that price point is it competes with apple, plus most people (young and old) either don't wear watches or if they do prefer to wear a traditional watch. I remember reading on AFR the product they sold at coles did so well because it was so cheap. I'm not sure what the margins for the ROAM-e are like but sales of 5 a day even if it is only in one country aren't that great. The only other thing i'd like to point out is google canned the "google glasses" product , i think there were a few reasons one was it just appeared too nerdy.

Ultimately home automation would be a safer bet, it would give the company some actual revenue, could use that as an opportunity to upsell other products and services the company might have and then they could try the lucrative consumer electronics market. I'm not trying to be a downramper etc, i've just tried to be honest, i do find the IOT area in generally fairly interesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.