IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

Roam-e Launch went better than you think., page-47

1. 217 Posts.
    I'm not sure there are fake likes or views on the video, since the totals are all pretty low by internet standards, but likes are bought to create the illusion of popularity. If someone comes along and sees a page and notices they have a strong following, they assume the page is doing good things and is popular and are more likely to also like/follow it so they aren't missing out. In the context of the Roam-e, if they artificially increased it's following to make it look like people were really into it, they could get more interest from those looking on, thinking 'oh this seems popular, it must be really good, i'll follow along too' kinda thing. Pretty superficial stuff, but that's social media.

The IoT group's facebook strikes me as one that could have bought likes. I mean, almost 50k likes for what amounts to a page that posts info on an ASX listed startup seems suss. If you look at other startup FB pages they have a few hundred to a couple of thousand likes normally.

The Roam-e page only having a few thousand though is definitely legit.

If I was wanting to talk down the vid/launch I'd look more at things like the fact that the Youtube video has more dislikes than likes. Youtube is the favoured channel of what you'd expect to be the target demo for the Roam-e, and they're sending a message that says they don't like it all that much. If you look at something like the Hovercam's introductory video, its like to dislike ratio is 46:1.

Young people are pretty savvy and I think either they expected more info, didn't like the design or thought the whole people break dancing in a warehouse thing was an out of touch attempt at pandering to them. Or a combination of all of that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.