IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

Since my last post I have been waiting patiently for any...

1. pcl
    119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Since my last post I have been waiting patiently for any tangible sign of flying Roam-e. Got nothing , next promise which is likely to be broken again is within 10 days.

It is my firm view that key attractive feature of of Roam-e (single axis coaxial rotors) is also its key weakness.

There is a reason why nearly all drones on the consumer market have 4 rotors. In this configuration rotors can be fixed and to move horizontally whole plane of the drone can tilt. This allows quick response to wind gusts. This configuration also provides equalisation of a Coriolis forces which act on all free rotating bodies. 3 rotor configuration could also tilt whole drone body but it would not allow Corriolis force compensation.

So steering of a Roam-e is a problem. Method discussed in some previous posts using continuous blade speed changes during each revolution is fine in lab but it will soak power like sponge and wear all hinges in no time.
    Tilting of the blade rotation plane is possible for a single rotor but next to impossible for dual coaxial rotor configuration as per Roam-e current design.
    The Sprite design with separated rotors has more sense but that they also struggle with directional stability outdoor, delaying sales. That why Sprite is so big and heavy.

Regardless which configuration Roam-e will finish with, it will be inferior to any 4 rotor drone configuration.

Likely future is more features announced to justify more delays and next fund rises.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.