IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

G'day gps, Thanks for the thought provoking questions. I noticed...

1. 1,563 Posts.
    G'day gps, Thanks for the thought provoking questions. I noticed your post last night and spent a little time contemplating a response.
    It's always difficult looking back in time on trades. Often I can't remember the specific driver for buying a stock some months ago. What I am trying to do is be more selective in my investments by researching as much as I can, and I'm getting a little bit better at that.

In replying, can I ask that if you quote me sometime from this post keep in mind that me response is more than a single sentence. There are posters who select one sentence from a response to somehow make a point.
    My initial reasons for purchasing IOT were: Simon Kantor (purportedly a genius), Roam-e - a new and unique selfie drone, OTT potential, a strong management team and my bias towards start up Australian companies. All of my current share parcels are start up Aussie companies.
    From earlier posts you would know that there have been times when I was not happy with what was happening at IOT. Quote from my post 8th Jan '17
    There WERE broken promises, over stated predictions, anns devoid of new information.
    Also, I was not happy with the legal proceedings last year, which was a very disturbing for shareholders and management.
    Did that make me question my investment? - yes. Did I want more information from the company? - yes
    So I went to the EGM in November to hear from the board and to "play merry hell with questions. The thing is, a new strategy based on INCOME was presented and it made sense to me as a businessman.
    That strategy presented was a whole new ball and I embraced it. Simple as that. After the meeting I spoke personally to Scott Brown, Ian Duffell, Sean Neylon and Alex Shapilsky.
    The strategy and the people reinvigorated my confidence in IOT.
    So, that's why I am still a shareholder.

You ask - Would you have invested in this debacle if they had have initially proposed to be a distributor / reseller of a manufactures product with somewhat limited exclusivity?
    I don't agree it is a debacle, nor do I agree that IOT are distributor resellers for AEE nor that they have limited exclusivity. My understanding of a Partnership Agreement in business is that it is a far closer relationship than a simple distribution agreement.

Regarding Roam-e, I certainly do not agree that this product is dead. The excellent response to the unique style of the Roam-e, at CES was widely reported in the media.

What IOT needs is income and profit, which is critical for all businesses, especially small caps. The Rova is a very good product, with better technology than its competitors and at least US$100 lower in sell price to consumers than its competitors.
    My personal view is that IOT is undervalued at the current share price and income and profit will have a significant impact on the sp.

I will draw the line when I am satisfied with the return, or, I lose faith in the company.
    At this stage I am comfortable with my investment.
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.