robbbbbbb i have a question

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    G'day Robbbbbbb as always thanks for your charts this weekend. You've inspired many to contribute to the weekend charting thread and its become one of the must-read threads on the weekends.

I have one question I suspect many grapple with when they trade (I know I do - getting better but I still succumb at times despite the fact I know better), so I thought I'd ask you how you go with this problem, if you dont mind answering, because I figure if even you succumb, then maybe its something that you can never achieve 100% and I'm beating myself up over it.

The question is, when you plan a trade, do you always trade the plan? I know sometimes there are circumstances that might cause a change in plan, but the crux of my question is do you ever succumb to fiddling when you know better?

I have found myself increasingly putting trades in place with pre-determined entries, stops & limits & then turn away and dont look at them again, to find I do well when I do that. Whenever I look at the progress, I get the urge to change course mid-trade. 9 out of 10 times in retrospect I did worse than if I left the plan in place - yet I still do it. Does that happen to you?

Cheers, Sharks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.