ATH 0.00% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

: Roche- "A Study of Gantenerumab in Patients With Prodromal...

1. 5,878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    : Roche- "A Study of Gantenerumab in Patients With Prodromal Alzheimer's Disease"
    Trials in prodromal AD take a long time. I guess they will all try that with their no workin drugs. Prana is lucky to have the only drug that appears to work.

The Roche study started in Nov 2010 and is expected to complete in April 2015

" Roche- "A Study of Gantenerumab in Patients With Prodromal Alzheimer's Disease"- Clinicaltrials.gov

Further study details as provided by Hoffmann-La Roche:

Primary Outcome Measures:
    ?To evaluate the effect on the change in the Clinical Dementia Rating scale Sum of Boxes (CDR-SOB), a global measure of cognition and functional ability [ Time Frame: 2 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]

?Substudy: Change in brain amyloid over time assessed with Positron Emission Tomography [ Time Frame: 2 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]

Secondary Outcome Measures:
    ?Effect on cognition assessed with Alzheimer Disease Assessment Scale-Cognition [ Time Frame: 2 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]

Estimated Enrollment: 360
    Study Start Date: November 2010
    Estimated Study Completion Date: April 2015

And from another source:

Gantenerumab (Roche)

Roche is developing gantenerumab, an antibody for the treatment Alzheimer?s disease. The antibody is similar, in concept, to Elan?s (ELN) and Wyeth?s (WYE) bapineuzumab (bapi) as both antibodies target Amyloid beta, a protein which is one of the hallmarks of the disease. Roche advanced gantenerumab to phase I in 2006 and since then completed the accrual of 30 patients. This trial is somewhat atypical for a phase I study because it is a randomized, double blind comparative trial, so there could be signs of efficacy in the data. The market potential for Alzheimer disease is estimated at over $10 billion, however, to date, no drug proved successful in changing the course of the disease. Until recently, antibodies against Amyloid beta were considered a very promising target, however, following disappointing data for bapi, investors? excitement towards this approach waned. Roche is expected to publish data from the phase I trial during the course of 2009.
    http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewarticlepaged/articleid/3163140/pageid/1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $8.75K 1.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 63306661 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 28430837 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.