ROG 14.3% 0.8¢ red sky energy limited.

Rog Thoughts, page-100

1. 772 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 929

Actually I called Andrew today...

I tried the office first, but Pauline (I assume the joint company sectary) advised he was based out of a different office.

Anyway, I called his mobile and it took longer than usual to connect and there was that long 'beep' instead of the normal ringtone, so I could tell he's overseas, which he confirmed - but didn't say where.

It was a quick conversation, perhaps I work him up or caught him off guard, it seemed he wasn't expecting a call from a shareholder.

We talked mostly about the mentioned acquisition(s), nothing that could be made public obviously. It seemed this was his focus now (and I expect the focus of Gordon Ramsey also). He seemed really confident with the deals he is working on, he used the word "Big", now I couldn't determine if that meant Big - as in size of the acquisition or Big - as in the size of the deal. (As an FYI - I took a look at the ROG website and note this):

=========

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1882/1882902-da2999dfc0d5ba380006429868305159.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1882/1882907-1464b5fb1c1f46cf45753f2854aa73b8.jpg

=========

So the intended acquisition will be Oil/Gas also.

We barely touched on Innamincka, but all he said was that it is "progressing". I understood he couldn't say too much, but it seemed that ROG are more or less at the mercy of Santos - who are working to their own timeframes. Perhaps Andrew sees this as a nice cash cow to keep the company afloat without the need for a CR, ROG just claim the royalties where Santos do all the work? Take this with a pinch of salt - it could be next week or whatever, Andrew just couldn't (or wouldn't) say.

I had many more questions, but it seemed he wasn't wanting a long conversation at that time - perhaps it was the middle of the night or something... so I wished him a Merry Christmas, and apologised for not going to the AGM, Andrew said it all good, and it was pretty administrative anyway.

I'll call him again in the new year sometime.

I hope this helps. Seems like a bottom-drawer, accumulate and forget etc, not a quick win here.

All IMO, DYOR etc.

Cheers
    MSN
    Last edited by msn81: 13/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ROG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.