PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

rooderand - bofule platinum mine, page-2

1. 1,043 Posts.
    Impala Platinum ready to rehire 15k workers at Rustenburg 27th February 2012
    Impala Platinum (Implats) says production at its flagship Rustenburg operation has yet to resume, but the firm is hopeful of rehiring 15,000 workers.

The company dismissed 17,200 employees following illegal strike action that has halted output at the mine for the last four weeks.

"We will have fewer employees, but I don't think we are going to turn anyone away," group executive for people Johan Theron told Bloomberg by phone from Johannesburg.

"Some people have been guilty of misconduct and those we will not take back. A number of people who didn't want to get caught up in the violence took their exit medicals, and we don't expect some of them to come back."

Implats said it will rehire dismissed workers under their previous terms and conditions if they apply by February 29th, though they will not be paid for any days they were on strike.

The strikes, which were followed by violent disturbances at the mine, have cost Implats at least 80,000 oz in lost platinum production.

Simon Kendall from RMB Morgan Stanley told Bloomberg that the total impact of the stoppage on production could be as much as 190,000 oz of lost platinum output.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.