Tremendous defensive game with the Roosters to the fore in front...

1. 7,743 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 382

Tremendous defensive game with the Roosters to the fore in front of the Storm.... hence the low score .

Now from what I saw and remember most was that in the first half (particularly) a number of 50/50 calls by Referee Sutton went to the Roosters.
    Its a fine line but its how a game can be influenced by the referee.
    If you watch him he trys to come across as precise in his rulings but thats covering his possible deceit or a flaw in his ability to go by the Rule Book to the exact letter. (which no referee can. imo)

Not saying it cost Storm the game but it made it harder for them. imo

I Suppose a Sydney Side was needed in the Grand Final ! ?

Looks like we now have a stop start game with Penalties for rediculous things...........
    and Throw in sides (look at canberra atm) now mastering the stripping of the ball and who is going to try and get a pass away?
    My opinion is there should only be a stripping of the ball allowed if there has been no contact by other players at all ie One on One to begin with is the only way a strip can be made............

I have to ask why kill the game of Rugby League with stupidity.

The No1 priority now for the game imo is to clamp down on this stripping of the ball else the game will deteriorate into a further joke with little skill involved other than ................ stripping of the ball !.

Rugby League is a great game and will remain as long as its not killed off ...........by supposed do gooders.
    ..................................................................................................................................................................................

As an aside, Posters knocking C.Smith, well, I would suggest that if I or any critic had a third of his ability, I/they would be happy, how about you all?.

Overall in the history of the game he doesn't rank as a "dirty player" in comparison to some that have gone through. imo

Arm Chair critics are a dime a dozen and now I am one of them but give credit where credit is due at times.

Md

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.