MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

rose of denmark dyke bulge

1. 6,715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    robert

i haven't really looked into Rose of Denmank dyke too much. both Mal & nk have books that may provide some insight. i do know that it is one of the larger regional dyke structures.

there must have been a secondary enrichment level in the Rose of Denmark, as there was in most dykes, considering that in 1893 a tribute party mined 1200 ounces at an average grade of 2 ounces per ton.

yet Junner in his 1920's book states that the quartz in the mine was richer at the 500 feet (165 metres) level.

"Again, the quartz from the Rose of Denmark mine was relatively poor, averaging about 7 dwt. (10.5g/t), from the surface down to the main adit-level, a depth of at least 500 ft. at the engine chamber.

Below this level the ore became richer, and about 40,000 tons of quartz, averaging about 11 dwt. (16.5g/t) of gold per ton, were crushed between the main adit-level and No. 5 below it''

Junner also said that the quartz veins in the Rose of Denmark "ramify through the rocks in all directions, forming typical stockworks. In such cases the whole of the dyke is crushed if within the shoot of gold".

will look more into Rose of Denmark.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.