rosemary - herb, page-26

1. 18,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Hi - my Rosemary bush would grow pretty tall, if I didn't prune it regularly - easily 5ft, years old - it's a huge bush and actually grows in ground that isn't enriched at all; it has shade for half the day, maybe that's why its stretching to reach the sun ;-) As Picastoc says: wonderful for cooking with (I chuck it into almost everything either whole or finely chopped, even soup stock) and very good for you. I am not much of a gardener, I might add and do a daily watering but probably not enough. Definitely a hot climate plant. I had a lot of thyme in my old place, which is also a healthful herb (very rich in iron), parsley gets eaten by rabbits, so now I keep a pot of parsley and of other delicate herbs on an old drinks trolley on my back porch. The rabbits - or more likely now singular 'rabbit' (as I think the Council did an eradication program) don't touch the rosemary.
    Essentially once rosemary has taken off, all you need to do is water it a bit, but regularly and prune it back.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.