IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

Zerotech Dobby mini drone : review despite the fact it blows...

1. 4,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Zerotech Dobby mini drone : review despite the fact it blows away in the wind ... enjoy

Now come the bad parts. I've just opened the package this morning, topped it up and went out to get going. Before I could do that however the app said I needed to update the drone's firmware but the instructions it gave wasn't all the way to the end, so I had to figure out how to finish the task myself (the part where the drone had to download the update itself- seems simple but the indicators kept stopping or weren't clear enough to let me know I was doing the right thing). After the first playing session getting to know to operate the thing and testing the photos & videos, juice ran out faster than the advertised 9mins- I think I got only 6-7mins on-time from it.

The next session, now remember- I had clocked only 7mins from this, I flew it nearer my house, up in-line with the roof where I'm planning for it to 360 my house. 2 minutes in with a full battery, for some reason I LOST CONNECTION with the drone when it was 18 feet right above me. Now, what would one expect from a SMART DEVICE if that happens- just hover there OR slowly land itself safely right? BUT NOOOOO, it did the worst ANY DRONE FLYER FEARS from a lost connection (which isn't even at all impossible)- IT STOPPED FLYING and DROPPED TO the HARD CONCRETE FLOOR LIKE A ROCK. In that second where it crunched to the ground, my $400 being flushed down the toilet flashed before me. Now here's the saving point as I mentioned earlier- it's got a pretty good build. What resulted from the pretty high fall were - a detached arm, huge dent on back side where the air vent is, and the power butten rammed in. Very thankfully, I was able to snap all that got loose back into place and now just have to live with that ugly dent.

I've continued to recharge and use the drone for the remainder of the day to get used to flying it and memorize the tricks. After everything, these are my negative conclusions:
    (a) It's a quality product, but there's that FATALLY STUPID flaw. The only reason it's not one star is I'm still able to fly it after that fall.
    (b) Battery life sucks. I have to PLAN and RUSH my shots or I won't enough time to take them if there's more fiddling about while drone's in the air.
    (c) Part of the planning is leaving enough juice to transfer or upload the files via the drone's wifi. I connected the drone directly to my laptop and they couldn't detect each other.
    (d) Extra battery is ridiculously expensive.
    (e) The propellers loosely rotate out even if the arms are tucked in so may snag with other stuff in your bag or pocket. This one's easily solvable though.

Amazon.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.