RXL 1.47% 16.8¢ rox resources limited

Rox moving to production, page-3

1. 551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    As you touched upon Mongy, RXL doesn't currently have enough proven reserves to justify a 100m+ capex investment to build a new processing plant, infrastructure and have enough working capital to commence the work.

However, I have a wild theory, which involves Hawke's Point's other investment Ora Banda. Ora Banda is junior gold miner located c.a. 250km south-east from the Yoaunmi pit. Their largest shareholder is HP and they just went into commercial production this April.

OBM's biggest challange right now is to maintain or increase their processing plant head grade of 2.4g/t, whilst making sure they can feed their mine for at least 8-10 years. Currently, their 1.2mtpa processing plant has enough ore feed for the next 5.2 years and whilst they actively explore their tenaments, their DFS only included a c.a 460k ounce mineral reserve and 1.2m resource.

OBM has a fairly high AISC ($1566) and they desperately look for high grade and/or low AISC prospects, which RXL's current portfolio would be great for. RXL doesn't have enough proven reserves, but they have a smallish high grade, low AISC resource that could be mined and trucked to Ora Banda. They previously said they could increase the 1.2mtpa capacity of their plant if they find enough commercially viable ore, so Rxl's ore could be a nice addition to OBM's current reserves.

The part that I have doubts about is the different mineralisation styles of the two companies e.g. refractory gold requires different extraction methods and RXL's mineralisation relies on leeching and not crushing. I am not an expert on gold processing techniques, so can someone tell me what would be the pain points/ cost for such transition? Would it be even possible for the two companies to cooperate and leverage each other's assets?
    Last edited by csadeev: 15/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.8¢
Change
-0.003(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $61.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.8¢ $101.9K 600.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 587976 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 48914 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.17pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
17.0¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 3.03 %)
Open High Low Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ 404464
Last updated 15.17pm 27/05/2024 ?
RXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.