GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

royal canadian police fail missing gold hunt

1. 2,063 Posts.
    The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have concluded that 15 million dollars worth of gold discovered missing in early June at the Royal Canadian Mint was never missing in the first place. The gold according to a news leak on CTV was always there, they just couldn’t see it.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091124/mint_mystery_091124/20091124?hub=TopStoriesV2

“Mint officials double-counted some gold bullion they sold, and also underestimated the shrinkage of the gold during processing”

The official report is two weeks away but it is well known that not only have the Royal Canadian Mounted Police been involved but also Public relations consultants have been hired to explain the mystery to a skeptical public and international parties.

Chuckey says;
    Is it really possible that half a ton of gold can disappear and then be unable to be answered for by a Deloitte and Touche audit costing taxpayers $360,000? Maybe the Canadian mint has a machine that can shrink gold miraculously?

If I were a Canadian Citizen I would be writing to every elected official insisting that a more satisfactory answer be formulated by the Public Relations team. Gold swapping/leasing gone wrong is the only plausible explanation for this mystery. The gold has been sold twice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.