"All I am saying as that is not exactly what most city dwellers...

1. 18,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    "All I am saying as that is not exactly what most city dwellers call living in a modern society."

There lies the problem - expectations. It is not about living on the bone it is about being smarter with your money - far too many are spoiled and have spoiled attitudes.

Yes it would be an adjustment to the economy like any other change - will it happen not likely in this case but the crux of my original point is live how you like but everyone should be assessed based on their real living costs plus a buffer factor and not be subject to the same rediculous HEM value being proposed here. Hell based on the way many spend money that new HEM value is woefully inadequate. Seems from what I have read a bit more of a common sense approach is what will happen and banks will assess your spending in far more detail.

Case and point one of the lowest values "SA - $1,192 average weekly total" - I know plenty of families with multiple kids on welfare benefits who survive (albiet it can be tough) paying rent and all other living expenses on less than this and it is surprising for people with such limited financial means how much money I have observed them wasting.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.