BPT 1.02% $1.49 beach energy limited

royal dutch shell buying up coal seam gas

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi everbody

Article in Saturday's West Australian - Business p72 may be of interest to Beach holders.

"SHELL TIPPED TO BUY COAL SEAM GAS - Angela MacDonald-Smith

Royal Dutch Shell will probably make a "large scale" investment in coal-seam gas after buying into two smaller ventures in Australia, according to stockbroker Austock Securities.

The company is understood to have been outbid for stakes sold by Santos and Origin Energy in coal-seam gas projects in Queensland, Austock said yesterday. It might consider approaching Origin or its partner ConocoPhillips to buy into their projects to convert coal-seam gas to liquefied natural gas.

Shell this week acquired 14.9% of Pure Energy Resources, a coal-seam gas explorer in Queensland. Last month Shell bought a 30% share in Arrow Energy's coal-seam acerage in the state" MacDonald-Smith West Australian p72 11 October 2008.

I must admit I was a bit skeptical of coal seam gas in the beginning but it might be that Reg and the boys are onto something. Pure Energy is about 1/8th the size of Beach and Dutch Royal Shell are showing interest in it... Could the dutchies be interested in BPT ... you never know.

Food for thought.

regards
    Capt. Goodvibes
    dsc. I hold BPT and BPTO. DYOR. Go Fords at Bathurst!!! With all the fuel being used (3.8 litres per car per lap) ... there just might be an oil shortage on Monday LOL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
0.015(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $3.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.51 $1.47 $9.879M 6.634M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 119980 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 67389 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.