RSG 1.54% 66.0¢ resolute mining limited

extract from The Gold Report.....Endeavour Mining Corp....

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    extract from The Gold Report.....

Endeavour Mining Corp. (EDV:TSX; EVR:ASX) is one of our bigger holdings; the company is a diversified producer that recently acquired Avion Gold Corp. It's a low-cost producer that has a reasonable balance sheet and looks interesting.

TGR: Most of Avion's producing assets are in Mali.

DB: There is obviously a risk, but we believe this is somewhat discounted by the market. TakeResolute Mining Ltd. (RSG:ASX), for example; the company operates the Syama gold mine in Mali and gold mines in Australia and has a market capitalization of $840M. It has $100M worth of gold/cash and investments on its balance sheet and is generating probably $60–70M/quarter—now that is cheap. There's been no production lost at Syama but the market has sold it down as if the mine faces major disruption. Now, admittedly, the costs have had to increase because Resolute has had to add to security, but the stock does look very cheap.

Also, we manage a diversified portfolio. It's not as if we're putting everything into these names. We have around 4% in both Endeavour and Resolute. We can live with the individual company-specific risk, particularly for the price. And while we are waiting for the market to recognize the opportunity, Resolute is paying us a good dividend yield as well, and it is holding some of its profits in gold, which, as we have discussed, matches our strategic objectives.

http://www.mining.com/web/david-bakers-three-must-haves-for-the-new-generation-of-gold-companies-accountability-accountability-and-accountability/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.