G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Rubbery fundamentals

1. 22,478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    The fundamentals of the MUS mine is abit more difficult to ascertain than, say, gold mining.
    The overburden is primarily clay/gravel (not rock) and the processing plant is more of a simple screening job
    with a twist; more akin to river sand/gravel quarrying than your normal open pit gold mining.

The data given to us so far is sketchy and we will have to wait a quarter or two to make a reasonable
    guesstimate at margins , AISC etc. But I guess that's why the share price is 6c & not 60c because of
    the need to speculate.

That said, I'll speculate (all IMO of course)
    Knowns:
    Daily throughput................1000 t/p/d
    Plant capacity.....................300 t/p/h (7200 t//p/d)
    Grade:.................................0.11--5.0 carats
    Value/carat.........................$25 --$40K
    Ore seam average of....................... 1.8 meters
    Strip ratio say.................................. 4:1 (5 ton mined for one ton of ore)
    (see most recent presentation)

Unknowns:
    This type of quarry operation normally costs $20/ton or...$80/ton ore on the ROM pad.
    Now this one of the bits of "guesstimate" where "guess" is stretched:-

-Say average grade is 2.55 carats/ton (see range above)
    -Say value/carat is $100/carat ( 80% shrapnel, 15% premium grade & 5% plumpers)
    At current throughput that would be:
    -Revenue..................................................................$93 mil
    -cash mining costs...................................................$7.3 mil
    -Plant, admin, royalties, marketing , tax etc...........$9.0 mil (minimal tax over the next few yrs due to dev. costs)
    Misc.........................................................................$2 mil (Its a third world country after all!)
    NPAT.......................................................................$74.7 mil
    # of shares (diluted) ...............................................626 mil
    -EPS........................................................................11.8c
    -nominal p/e say......................................................5
    SP guesstimate in 12 months.................................59c

Could I emphasise that this is a very elastic guesstimate and traders/investors should do their own
    research and/or seek professional advice before buying MUS shares.

Once we get the results of JORC drilling we will have a clearer notion of LOM, grade etc and production
    figures will indicate plant recovery rate etc. With a bit of luck, good management and favourable ruby
    markets, this has the potential of a Disallowed, IMO.

mm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.