rudd and co doing whatever it takes

1. 49 Posts.
    Rudd spoke before the last election about 'a housing affordability problem'...

like most things that he talks about, he promises a lot, but it is only talk.

Instead, he has done everything in his govts power to PREVENT prices correcting, to the detriment of all in the long run....

for example...

bank funding guaranteed by the govt (when overseas funding dried up)

first home owners grant doubled...then extended past its original cut off date

refusing to look at negative gearing.....disgraceful policy whereby people can pay less tax by claiming the loss of their overprices property on their income

I held high hopes for him when he entered office...but he is just another pollie, doing whatever it takes to get elected even though it is to the long term detriment of the nation.

Strangely, i find myself wishing this global recession would worsen, because i think that is the only way i will be able to buy a house without selling one of my kidneys and taking out a massive mortgage obver 400k.

I hope you are happy Rudd....but i guess it doesn't matter when you are married to a multimillionaire.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.