This interesting little note is part of a comments section on...

1. 1,272 Posts.
    This interesting little note is part of a comments section on News.Com

When I asked Mr Rudd about this issue at the community cabinet meeting in early March, I stated that a major cause of the housing affordability crisis is that investors are being favoured over owners due to huge tax incentives! This is basically accepted amongst analysts and journalists. But he appeared "put out" by the proposition, and reaffirmed that it is his intention to keep those biases in place!! It is time for all governments to get fair dinkum about this problem and really bring back the "fair go", not just talk about it. There is much, much more than they could do. This situation is not acceptable in our egalitarian society. I encourage all Australians to write to their local member and Mr Rudd to let them know that we understand the problems - that the interests of first home buyers are being subjugated for the interests of investors - and we insist that more is done. I have developed a proforma letter to Mr Rudd to assist. Together we can make them take notice and let them know that it is in their political interest to institute the changes necessary for the betterment of current and future generations of Australians.

Posted by: Brett of www.geocities.com/homes4aussies 9:04am today
    Comment 23 of 105

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.