rudd fails pensioners with his me too

1. 4,040 Posts.
    Seems This Rudd Character, Is'nt Capable Of Thinking Up 1 Policy Except For A Me Too Me Too.

Here's One Of His Latest Me Tooooooooooos.

Rudd fails pensioners, Brown says.
    November 01, 2007

LABOR has failed pensioners by backing the Government's "miserly" plan to increase utilities payments for seniors, Greens leader Bob Brown says.

Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd today unveiled a $4.1 billion package of benefits for older Australians in a pitch for the grey vote, which largely mimics the policy announced by Prime Minister John Howard in Adelaide last month.

Mr Rudd said a Labor Government would increase the utilities allowance to $500 a year to be paid quarterly, as well as expanding travel and telephone subsidies to seniors.

Mr Brown said it was another me-too policy from Mr Rudd.

"That's not enough," Senator Brown told reporters in Perth.

"It's a miserly fob off for the need for pensioners to get a reasonable rise so they can face the soaring costs for food, for rentals, for transport and for health."

The Greens are proposing a $30 a week increase in the pension at a cost of $3 billion, funded by eliminating Labor's and the Coalition's proposed tax cuts to the most wealthy.

"Mr Rudd, you've failed pensioners today, as you did in the Senate when you voted down the move by the Greens for this $30 a week for pensioners, along with the Coalition."

Mr Brown today launched the campaign for the Greens WA Senate candidate Scott Ludlum in Perth.

*** Young Voters & First Time Home Buyers ***
    Be Very Careful On Voting Day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.