rudd govt makes homebirth illegal, page-52

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Hello Dave,
    The thread title leads to the article which covers
    homebirthing
    insurance
    hospital V midwives etc

My post expands on the belief that hospitals provide the optimim birthing methods and I ask if anyone has ever considered or gathered statistics re certain outcomes we women just accept in this money and time pressured practice.

Hospitals = illness
    Pregnancy is not an illness.
    Why not have birthing units away from hospitals where illness exists? Why does life begin in a place of illness?

Are there better ways/planning/environments to do things? and perhaps reach a comprimise which this thread seems to cry out for?

Instead of building more hospitals why not relieve their load and design a new concept and place for the beginning of life., with many options, added education and medical support. How will the insurance cos feel about that?

These "private Midwives" are an asset imo.What about integrating them into the Ambulance service?...because they could deal with those ever increasing quick deliveries and get insurance that way?
    or the blue nurses type service? The government is the only way a complete rehash of services could occur imo.

Some stats might help sort out some very positive solutions for everyone and lead the world with our innovations.

I know I am not always right but I am not afraid to give it some thought and tell you my opinion.

Sorry that I havent read all the links and info but its like the hospital situation..I just dont have unlimited time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.