Rudd petition exudes bulltish

1. 9,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Kev 07

Has got the hots to
    silence the Murdoch Mouthpieces.

Lapdog would be proud of Kevvy.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2587/2587913-a33ab795ae6825119d267b16c0eea5ed.jpg
    Except the crits are based on
    wait for it

.......>bulltish.
    fancy that.

The taxpayer-funded House of Representatives has admitted it has no identity checks in place to stop people from manipulating Kevin Rudd’s petition for a royal commission into the media.

Sky News Digital Editor Jack Houghton sent the House of Representative’s media team a series of lengthy questions after Twitter users posted evidence of themselves signing the petition as “Adolf Hitler” and “Mickey Mouse”.

“The House confirmed absolutely no identity checks are done and there is nothing to stop people from using multiple email accounts to fraudulently increase the number of signatures,” Mr Houghton said.

“When I want to order a steak at my local pub I need to hand over my phone number, address and drivers license.

“But if I want to shape democracy in Australia all I need is a bunch of email addresses and a malleable conscience. “

Instead, the House relies on people self-declaring they accurately signed the petition.

“The House said that it relied on the goodwill and trustworthiness of people to self-declare they were eligible and a quick scan to eliminate duplications of names,” Mr Houghton said.

“With what we know about the hostility, vitriol and partisan toxicity of Twitter – the platform which Kevin Rudd primarily shared the petition – goodwill and trustworthiness are very rare commodities indeed.

“Despite the farcical nature of how Australia handles e-petitions, Journalists at the Sydney Morning Herald, the superannuation-funded New Daily, ABC radio and of course Crikey all swallowed the false signature numbers with glee in news reports.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.