TLS 0.28% $3.61 telstra group limited

rudd roasts conroy over nbn report, page-2

1. 3,062 Posts.
    $4000+ for each new home,estate cabling plus presumably home wiring,plus ongoing equipment costs of approx. $300 p.a.,
    just wondering with all this technology available and the stuff we dont have yet will homes be prewired with a port in every room and whose expense will this be,or alternatively will we have wireless routers to connect to all the future equipment.

future equipment might include automated,gas water and electricity meters,direct access online to your local woolies or coles,inhouse management systems for all types of maintenance,car,garden,handyman,electrical,plumbing.

new forms of media.

too much,too late,too expensive----do a deal with telstra,ultimately copper will be used in existing homes,fibre in suburbia due to the impracticality of recabling an existing home,not to mention the expense,would allow efficient wireless networks to expand exponentialy in suburbia assuming technology provides this opportunity---------- i think the govt. are correct it will come in well under budget mainly from poor utilisation rates,wireless will be the strongest growth,requiring optic fibre as a trunking medium,imagine the ongoing cost of the nbn,it will in all probability operate at an enormous loss,afterall the nbn will have to face the pricing committee just like any other provider.

the m,ore i think about this grand scheme,the more it looks like a trojan horse for tax payers or investors,but i have no doubt this govt will forge ahead on the basis of academic appraisal of the benefits to society,society however use a cost/benefit analysis which nbn will fail for at least 15years after commissioning,so get ready
    it will be a one of a choice of communication strategys available in australia by 2033,this should all sound familiar now state and federal govt are mooting deferring infrastructure change for at least 10years

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
-0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.59 $3.61 $3.57 $88.57M 24.62M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 38155 $3.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.61 771370 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.