CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Hey guys, I believe if Mr Rudd, is successful with the execution...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Hey guys, I believe if Mr Rudd, is successful with the execution of this plan and a possibility of a furthur $26 billion if required, then this should certainly be a win win for the commercial property sector; as his main aim here, is to provide liquidity support to viable major commercial property projects, including "Shopping Centres" housing developments and office buildings, but still waiting to hear the full details.

This should prevent furthur "High Risks" associated with the property sector in Australia i.e. debt rollover ,basic funding for projects, pre-commitments and overall writedowns in the various asset groups across the board and in doing so; possibly seeing a recovery very soon and most importantly a bottom in the sector as a whole.

Although the debt and equity markets have become more challenging over the last year and a half, investors will realise that the cer portfolio will continue to perform given the minor bumps in the road, the strong headwinds associated with the U.S housing slowdown and the freeze up in the global money markets.

When the market cycle starts to turn i.e. uptrend in the not to distant future and we witness cer running at it's "Full Capacity" then one would start to appreciate, the value of the Shopping Mall Business and it's main retailers including: Wesfarmers the Perth based conglomerate and the likes of Myer,Woolworths, The Rejest Shop and in the U.S. the Kroger Company and Walmart Stores just to name a few.

With a slow paced movement upwards in the cer sp, a prudent approach to risk management, a combination of Centro Retail Trust's strong core business performance and a mark up of the revals, then one might say that this enough to create considerable value to shareholders moving forward.

I have mentioned this many times in the past and sorry to repeat this again, >but I still can't believe that people would sell "My Baby CER" at these levels knowing the true value of these tangible assets and the direct equity available to cer holders i.e. as of June 30 2008 n.t.a. = $1.27 in the glass.

"Some" Investors/Traders who are buying and selling cer shares, on a daily basis;in my view are only trading based on their emotions and haven't really understood the true value of the business and it's prospects in the future.I would say "Only a handful" of posters via the cer forum have summarized and assessed the situation well and their valuation methods might differ in their analysis but i guess if we have some sort of an agreement into the true value of the company, this is what counts; as long as the range isn't too big then most of the smarter investors would agree where the true value lies or should i say, "cer's true worth".

I still feel "Very Comfortable" with my "CER" position knowing the margin of safety and the fact that these Shopping Centres are "Real" Tangible Assets and not like these little so called mining companies, who release drilling results and claim that the area is a potential high grade copper and gold mining target and yet produce nothing for shareholders.Imo, more lost money and dilution every year with the continued raising of capital via issue of shares and yet some of them trade higher than cer or cnp...lol

Given the help of both Government and Australian Banks, it would be very unlikely; that the malls will be sold at fire sale prices which is yet another indication as to some form of comfort to cer holders, knowing that the two parties are stepping in both directly and indirectly and not just trying to bailout the sector but give the sector a much needed boost i.e. end result = more jobs saved and possibly a medium term fix given the current bleeding of most reits and assets in the commercial property sector in general.

I personally think this is a great opportunity for the younger investors who are looking to invest in the stockmarket via Australian Real Estate Investment Trusts, as firstly the prices in most of the reits are really at distressed prices and secondly the n.t.a. for the various listed reits offer excellent value for the long term investor along with a reasonable sized margin of safety and as mentioned kevin Rudd should save 33% of the 150,000 jobs in the sector with the execution of this plan; hence the bleeding will stop any furthur downward spiral.

Keep in mind this is not a buy,sell or hold recommendation, this is just my opinion.If you feel comfortable knowing that prices will move up and down in the short term and believe like i do that cer has bright prospects,easy to understand and can be purchased at a decent price today, then probably best to take up a position like myself and be patient and monitor any announcements that may effect the intrinsic value of the shares.

cheers...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.