Well I've neen a labour voter all my life (since 1975) but will...

1. 174 Posts.
    Well I've neen a labour voter all my life (since 1975) but will not vote for this labour Government. Their entire argument has revolved around lies about the taxes the industry already pays and about creating false perceptions about billionaires and foreign mining companies.

While there is samll number of billionaires in Twiggy, Gina and Clive (who I can't stand), the vast majority of resource shares are owned by ordinary Australians like me through small personal holdings or through Superannuation funds.

The industry creates thousands of jobs accross the country either directly or indirectly (in mining services, engineering, financial service companies etc)and the positive effects are a benefit to us all.

They aready pay the highest rate of tax of any industry in this country through royalties and company taxes and return almost 100% of their profits into the Australian economy through didvidends or re-investment.

The Government has been totally incompetent in the way it announced this excessive tax and the way they are promoting it.

They are dividing the Australian community and losing the support of many ordinary people like me who hold a modest number of resource sharss but understand how the industry works.

The RSPT, in its current form, will damage the industry, adversely affect hundreds of thousands of ordinary Australians and damage Australia's competitiveness and international reputation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.