rudd wants to lift legal drinking age, page-23

1. 10,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    Polski - you have no argument from me on that one.

I am divorced from the mother of my children , however, fought tooth n nail to be part of their lives. In the end I wound up with a 50/50 share cared situation. That was in 1995. Put them into private school (on top of maintenance as the EX said - that's not essential).

In the end when my daughter was 12 and my son was 14 the EX said to them , "move in with me full time - I'll give you dad's maintenance as pocket money".

Well, they both left the private school, they moved into EXs full time, lawyer told me there was nothing I could do as they were "12 and above and family court would respect "THEIR" decision". How can a 12 year old be allowed to make a decision with such financial and life changing consequences?

Well, my son's now 17 with a Year 10 education and he barely got that after the EX stated "he's so big - I can't control him" and went on a bender with his mates wagging school, getting drunk with his mates, etc.

Thankfully, he's realised his errors and is back in the fold with my side of the family. He growing up and being more responsible.

I will NEVER EVER forgive my EX and the Family Court.

Boys need their Father's and if the mothers and the Family Court doesn't start realising this we will continue to have the ever increasing spiral of disrespectful youth drinking under age, taking drugs and being violent.

Be assured though this doesn't just effect the boys - it effects the girls as well. I've been lucky if I had spoken to my daughter 10 times in the two years after she left my house. She is also slowly turning around after coming to my house about 6 months ago and telling me how she hated her mother for not being a proper parent and how she was being the parent for her half brother, her mother and her 10 years younger boyfriend. I told her - "you wonder why I separated from her?"

PS - don't bother trying to flame me over my opinion because in comparison to the hurt caused by my EXs decision to myself and my son and daughter - there's nothing more anyone here could do that was worse than what has occurred.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.