EAGLE, it would appear that I have not explained the primary...

1. 1,020 Posts.
    EAGLE, it would appear that I have not explained the primary vote sufficiently for you, so I'll try another way.

You said "I along with over half the population at this time choose Labor over the Liberals".

If I choose to vote for the Sex Party and eventually my preference is passed on to Labor, I am telling you that I voted for the Sex Party, not Labor. I chose to vote for the Sex Party, I did not choose to vote for Rudd and Labor. Therefore, when you say "I along with over half the population at this time choose Labor over the Liberals", this is factually incorrect as a majority of Australians CHOOSE to vote for someone other than Rudd.

Try another analogy. If I were in school and chose maths as my first choice but there weren't enough places so they placed me in physics, under your logic I have chosen to study physics when that is actually not the case, my choice was maths.

Obviously a majority of people would NOT vote for Rudd, just as a majority of people would not vote for Abbott, preferences have absolutely zero to do with this FACT. I certainly hope this clarifies the situation for you this time.

Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.