ruddy great news, page-31

1. 47,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi cerhob!

Sorry to have to reply so much later - I had no internet access for a few days.

Kevin Rudd cannot afford to do to Julia Gillard what her Cabinet did to him - he must move the focus from Abbott's destructive and personality based politics to a refocus on vision, policy and strategic implementation.

Abbott continues to demonstrate that he is worse than clueless on those fronts, wheareas Rudd is predictably process driven.

Rudd's 'education revolution' was indeed real; for the first time since the Whitlam years public schools received some real funding and improvements to facilities. I do however agree that our education industry is more the work of those at the chalface than our pollies though.

As for the issue of taxation my position is simple. Our tax system has become an unwieldy monster that multinational companies and those without a public conscience can all too easily exploit. We should all pay our fair share and every $1 of publicly raised funds should be strategically targeted.

We need a system of government that encourages longer term planning and investmnet. Our colonial based monarchy is degenerating and has become a ball and chain around Australia's ankle.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.