IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

ruling favors tampakan project, page-18

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I haven't delved into the documents to see why they are seeking a Philippines listing. I don't buy the argument that a more local profile will lessen the angst against multinationalism and smooth the pathway at Tampakan. Tampakan is predominantly Xstrata regardless.

Perhaps it has come at the request of Alsons for whatever reason may benefit them, and also it would introduce a retail component locally. Another valid reason is that a listing may provide price support as Philippine stocks are at record highs right now.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EPHDOWD#symbol=^phdowd;range=my;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=;

Consider that fact with regard to all the boloney about how much the Tampakan debacle might be influencing investment in the country.

IMO, it would not be wise for Indophil to list with the ban in place, as it may be interpreted as a sign of contempt for the Sth Cot lawmakers, when instead they should be respecting them and somehow finding ways to work with them.

From the outside looking in, I occasionally get the feeling that SMI management are a little out of touch with local thinking and nuances. Using Tagalog speaking mouthpieces being one of the biggest stuff ups, especially at the public consultation in the battle against English speaking whities. The sole use of respected intelligent leaders with native tongues possibly could have achieved less divisive outcomes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.