IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

ruling favors tampakan project, page-28

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    LOL Apples, is Alcantara the only pro-Tampakan stakeholder that isn't disappointed by the failure to grant the ECC?

2016 is definitely out of the question. They haven't even said where the port and power will be located yet. Not to mention the exhaustive EIS and approval processes for those two key pieces of infrastructure. Land acquisition for the project is a massive undertaking and it alone could take years - you may have no idea how much of a shambles land title can be in the country. It doesn't help if your staff get shot whilst trying to get that job done either.

Keep an eye on the quarterlies Jayson, and if you see big chunks of money leaving IRN's kitty, then you may be able to presume that land acquisition is going on and SMI are attempting to make tangible progress towards development.

But none of that will be happening whilst the project remains illegal. As Apples infers we can only speculate on how that could be resolved. I guess they would have already put feelers out for their chances in the local courts. The injunction for Canatuan in Zambo del Norte was given on the grounds of unreasonable financial hardship for an existing operation, so they don't have any commonality there. Perhaps as Paje has directed - it is off to the Supreme Court. It only took 10 years for the court to decide the mining lease was legal in the first place. Hmmm. So otherwise, there is the option of more of nothing, with SMI busy quietly lobbying the right people and HOPING that the winds of political change eventually blow in their favour.

I fail to understand how anyone could think that putting their hard earned cash into this project is the best place for it. And furthermore, to suggest that loss of faith by the national government is just bluster is a rather obscure read of the situation, IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.