PCL 0.00% 2.2¢ pancontinental energy nl

PCL definately don't own Afren. Market caps tell you that. Afren...

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    PCL definately don't own Afren. Market caps tell you that. Afren are currently worth circa $2bn.

As an Afren shareholder (and you can read my posts on iii.co.uk) I don't think this is likely. Firstly, ENI / Exxon want out of Nigeria which is where half of Afrens main assets are, and they would have to spend $m's on consultants to sell these assets. IMO, they are after specifically Afrens Kurdistan assets and there could be a farm out there, and potentially in the future their East African assets. Exxon in particular are a bit more conservative with exploration than say BP, so I don't think would buy them when they are early exploration assets.

Secondly, the figure for me just doesn't stack up, most takeovers that I have seen have not been flat and round numbers like 200p as mooted for this takeover, they have predominantly been based around P/E's or $/ barrels not some fancy number so I suspect this is just the city trying to entertain themselves in the UK summer when its a bit quieter.

As an Afren holder I wouldn't be at all happy with a takeover at 200p.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $178.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $83.02K 3.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 582891 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 5798876 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.