LYC 1.60% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Great post simon, I must wholeheartedly agree. Sure the tax...

1. 1,267 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1916
    Great post simon, I must wholeheartedly agree. Sure the tax incentive is nice and I am sure it will encourage some companies to develop rare earth processing but most of us can testify to the fact that there is no amount of Terbium dust that can produce an operating rare earth processing plant “by the end of the year”.  In fact under the best of circumstances  it can take years to design, engineer, build and commission such a facility…

OK, time to play spot the inaccuracy (in the article)…

“The company restarted mining rare earths at Mountain Pass late in 2017, and by 2019 it was producing about 15% of the global market supply of rare-earth concentrates. MP Materials aims to build a refining facility on-site by the end of this year and is investing $700 million in the final stage of the supply chain, building a site in Fort Worth, Texas, to produce magnets.”

$700M is about what is invested in Kalgoorlie and the initial stage at Kalgoorlie is very close to being completed.  I am hearing talks of early commissioning on key systems which is an excellent development in the project time line...

Just a note to the open speculation of the Texas venture, Amanda is obviously very shrewd in business dealings and for anyone to assume they know the direction Amanda is moving with the USA deal could be making a grave mistake.  Of course, I am not privy to inside information and I have no knowledge of Lynas operations but I do know the US government and it would appear the US government is moving quickly on the critical materials issue even by US government standards.  Perhaps Lynas is more involved than we are led to believe but one can rest assured that Amanda has a great hand of cards and she knows how to play them….  JMHO…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
-0.100(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.24 $6.13 $18.60M 3.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 21239 $6.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.16 9771 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.16
  Change
-0.100 ( 1.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.24 $6.24 $6.13 894887
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.