AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I've never understood why some are so concerned about the status...

1. 2,257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 409
    I've never understood why some are so concerned about the status of drilling & lack of company announcement. Yes, I guess the company could tell the world "we've commenced drilling" assuming they have. However the truly price sensitive stuff (what will be be a game changer) is the results. Drilling is a means to an end - an announcement we've commenced drilling might add a bit of euphoria for a morning but then it's a massive yawn until results flow in. In reading the Quarterly I'm assuming drilling has commenced and a price sensitive announcement would only be required if there was a delay in drilling, but not for a few days, but for many weeks and possibly a month or two. I'm probably a different beast to many but i don't crave regular updates from the company for the sake of an update. I want Mgt to be focussed on creating wealth - announcements tell a story but don't create wealth. Wealth is created by what's happening in the fields, where Mgt should be and is focussed. If there's delay for a few days because of logistics or weather, then so be it. It doesn't change the narrative one bit! In closing, at times I wonder why some investors buy these stocks - mining is a tough game and even the big guns in BHP, RIO, Xstrata, Vale, etc are subjected to the challenging nature of the industry and sometimes also slip up with targets. It's the inherent nature of the business we're in. But as I say, my view is we're drilling based on the advice contained quarterly - I only expect an announcement from the company if we've been delayed by many weeks or longer.

A final point. As many have said in past posts, if you really want great insights into the company and industry we're in, read posts for Mining8, Anush, 8Horse, Scrubroad, just to name a few - apologies to others I haven't named. Remember one thing - there's a group of investors on this forum who not only own bundles of AVZ shares but are also up millions & millions of dollars. They could easily walk and have a massive party for the rest of their lives. The fact they continually post and in a positive manner makes it clear to me they have enormous conviction that the AVZ party has only just begun with plenty still in reserve. You can add ML to the list. Keep these points in mind when you question their motives.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.