AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running Commentary on the SP Movements., page-141

1. 2,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 934
    Fair call @SRV.

IMO the potential weakness for shareholders is Klaus saying in one breath we will "...enter drilling contracts in the next few weeks and start developing a mine early next year..." but if "...one of the bigger Chinese miners comes knocking, AVZ won't turn it down."

It's obvious that Klaus' end game is to sell it, which could be any moment before any drilling contracts are signed perhaps in the next few weeks. I think not having a credible threat of actually developing the mine puts us in a weaker negotiating position if there's few interested parties. If there's lots of bidders, which is ML's job, it matters much less that our Executive Chairman has shown his hand.

The coy's corporate strategy is to "...advance the potentially world-class Manono Project up the value curve", including by "...advancing the Manono Project to feasibility and development." So don't forget that Klaus is not the company.

It's going to be very interesting watching this play out over the next few weeks/months. I wouldn't want to miss out on any action.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.