AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running Commentary on the SP Movements., page-16814

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Well that screen shot dispels the theory that is was a pre-arranged on market transaction. As if that were the case you would have two parties that agree offline to sell a predetermine amount at the exact same time. Usually done prior to after market auction as its "safer". Safer in that both (seller and buyer) on the phone at the same time and as soon as the Seller puts up the order the Buyer snaffles it and does not give anyone else the opportunity to even get an order in. Here we have a single buyer (with two orders) or two large buyers putting up a buy orders and then a mosaic of Sellers attempting to fill it and the Buyer did not get a complete fill. If it were a index rebalance or a ETF purchase then as you say it was clumsily done in terms of how it happened during the day. For example they could have nibbled away all day with buys and perhaps gotta better avg fill.

So where does that leave us :-

1. Someone wanting in urgently prior to a expect set of big anns due over then next two weeks or so. So Opportunistic timed entry (Not good intra day timing but good timing in the greater trend wise)

2. Some one with a lot of loose change simply trying to snap the share price higher attempting a massive push to quickly overcome a stubborn resistance area sorta like an ambush trade. Hence a Technical motivated trade by someone with deep pockets

3. An insider with some fore knowledge of what happening next week and is in a hurry to get exposure hence the clumsiness of the trade.

4. A failed attempt to manipulate the stock up a few ticks only the person (buyer) experiences a system failure and could not pull the manipulation orders before close - This is unlikely IMHO

5. Index rebalance /ETF positioning ... Possible .. Trader was simply told get X exposure by X date at X avg price and time was running out.

6. Frustrated person who could not get a piece of the action via latest cap raise US or Chinese and starts to see the price moving away and can wait not more

I could go on...

My favourite ? Well ...the timing is the key here we are on the cusp of some major company and sustained company making FA upside. That being multiple V.large drill intersections due on a semi regular basis starting early next week , assays for 1st hole imminent, MOU (3 MOU's) two of these stated a decision taken in coming weeks so could be very close now. And last but not least the whole Lithium sector has bottomed and swinging strongly northwards.

So a big investor who doesn't mind paying a few ticks over the odds to get guaranteed exposure to a strong FA based rally. A strategic investor? ..(ie part of control attempt?) I have no idea perhaps the new Top twenty will be telling.
    Last edited by Freehold: 17/03/18
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.