AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

About all this DRC mining code discussions, two things: 1. By...

1. 621 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    About all this DRC mining code discussions, two things:

1. By signing the the code into law, uncertainty is gone and this is now the starting point for negotiations. The only panic I have seen is created by Western journalists and people who are betting on non-DRC assets. ZERO panic in China. None. Nada. Shareprices of Chinese companies operating in DRC steady as a rock.

2. This next quote has so much more impact for Chinese players than the DRC mining code: Chile development agency Corfo, which oversees SQM’s lithium leases in the Salar de Atacama, claimed in a 37-page complaint filed on Friday that the purchase of a stake in SQM by “Tianqi Lithium, or any entity related to it directly or indirectly (including companies controlled by the government of China)” would “gravely distort market competition.”  

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-china-from-prize-lithium-asset-idUSKCN1GQ05A

The problem with discussion on HC is that a lot of people don't think from the perspective of Tianqi, or Sinochem, or Huayou and the list goes on and on...

Now what would you do if you were CEO of a Chinese conglomerate whose strategic 15 year plan is at risk if you don't have enough battery minerals in the next 5 years to kickstart your long-term strategy?

I'd call Klaus Eckhof.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.