AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I'm of the view that Huayou wanted to buy AVZ a few months back...

1. 2,257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 409
    I'm of the view that Huayou wanted to buy AVZ a few months back and discussed a TO figure with AVZ which AVZ management considered too low and was therefore not prepared to endorse it to shareholders. I then suspect that in response Huayou never tabled a formal TO offer and AVZ decided to proceed with an updated and far more aggressive drilling campaign to enhance shareholder value via JORC. At this point, there was clearly a need for additional funding to expedite this outcome, however Huayou was never going to exercise their options to gift us an extra $20M to facilitate a more ambitious drilling program that would see them having to pay more for AVZ down the track if JORC not only validated historical drilling results but also exceeded expectations - hence our need & reason for undertaking the CR in Nth America. Just my educated guess! However, recent MOUs and a site tour planned later this month of DRC by several Chinese interested parties, including Sinochem, Tinci & Beijing Battery Co may have pressured HuaYou to act sooner than later. Interesting days and weeks ahead as we all expect a flow of announcements - assay/drilling results, MOUs, etc. It's an exciting time to be a shareholder.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.