AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running Commentary on the SP Movements., page-17798

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    "Unbeknown you've just totally disrespected a suitor lined up to sign on the dotted line whom has potentially requested that market sensitive information not be released until post visit"

I've no problem with a potential suitor requesting and receiving (in an MOU) assurances that the subject of that suitors own undertakings and discussions with the company be kept confidential - that's standard.

But I've a problem with a potential suitor requesting and being granted as a special priviledge that market sensitive information like drill results be withheld from the rest of the market whilst that potential suitor has the information exclusively, if in the normal course, if that suitor was not a suitor, that information would have otherwise been provided to the market.

Such a request if made and granted (hypothetically) would appear to be 1) a failure on the part of directors to inform the market of information which a reasonable person would expect to have a material impact on the share price and 2) could create a circumstance in which a potential suitor even if they did not go ahead with executing an agreement could still potential benefit from trading on inside information.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.