LPD 0.00% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

Running commentary on the SP price, page-925

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4001
    Yeah I dunno what to tell you. You aren't being robbed. It's entirely notional.

If you have two identical pizzas and cut one into 5 slices and one into 10 slices, is the pizza with 10 slices bigger?

It isn't.

For a company, the market cap is the important part. That is the actual value.

Now there's valid risk to investors with companies that are serial consolidators, where they spend years issuing new shares, blowing the money and then consolidating, and repeating the cycle.

But, referring back to my earlier example, that's because they never generate any money. If the assets and future cash flows of the business aren't growing, then it's value won't grow, so it's share price and market cap won't grow.

And it's not just me saying this, a quick Google search finds this article published a few weeks ago:
    https://www.thebalance.com/why-per-share-price-is-not-important-3140791

Quite honestly, and I don't mean to be harsh, but if you're still at the stage where you don't know the importance of the market cap vs the share price, I think you should probably step back from the market and do some more reading.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $47.02K 18.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 894454 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 72422193 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.