AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

As an old investor I can understand the frustration of many...

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    As an old investor I can understand the frustration of many holders however you need to be aware that I believe a stock like this is already stitched up by Chines investors. My reasons are as follows.
    1. AVZ was invited by local connections to get involved with a stake of only 60% with the balance held by locals and Chinese company's.
    2. Substantial Investments have been made by the Government and Chinese company's to upgrade the infrastructure including roads etc
    2. HuaYou and Dathomir have an investment level of over 22% in AVZ with management and associates in excess of 17%. The total is therefore in excess of 39% giving them effective control and probably hindering any competitive investment from other parties. This ownership level may also be higher with associates not declaring their holding particularly if it is lower than 5%.
    3. I believe Klaus left because he could see that the game was over so he moved on to other projects.
    4. AVZ do have some head winds holding back the stock price. They only have cash for a few months and need to raise more capital. The controlling owners can influence any company direction or decision which suits their timetable and it is in their interests to purchase the project at the lowest possible cost. The controlling shareholders are aware of the need not only to build the plant but in the long run they will also need to upgrade power facilities etc and build a beneficiation plant to maximise their return. The total capital required could exceed 1 billion dollars.

I believe that retail shareholders are only the pawns in the game and the Chinese company's will not be concerned about whether retail shareholders obtain value for their holdings.

Having made the above comments I suspect that the controlling owners will at some stage arrange for extra capital to be provided at prices higher than they are currently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.