AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

„At US$150m for 2Mtpa this is nearly 2.5 times current market...

1. 106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95

„At US$150m for 2Mtpa this is nearly 2.5 times current market capital, and although the results for the 5 & 10 Mtpa is not released, the capital cost will be higher and likely many more multiples than current market capital.“

One way:

QUEBEC, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - April 12, 2018) - Nemaska Lithium Inc. ("Nemaska Lithium" or the "Corporation") (TSX:NMX)(OTCQX:NMKEF)(FRANKFURT:N0T) is pleased to update its project financing plans and confirm that it has entered into a USD 150M streaming agreement (the "Streaming Agreement") with Orion Mine Finance II LP ("Orion").

https://www.nemaskalithium.com/en/investors/press-releases/2018/f944ecce-8039-4c9b-a343-4a871ff7a6c3/

Streaming agreement:

Stream financing, also known as resource streaming or metal purchase agreements, is becoming increasingly popular in the resources sector. Stream financing can be used to help bring a development stage project into production or to expand existing production capacity of an operating mine. It provides an alternative way of raising capital for a project at a time when market conditions make equity financings very dilutive and debt financing difficult and expensive to obtain. Stream financing can be in respect of either primary or secondary products and can be used for either precious or base metals. In this post, we will provide an overview of how stream financing is used in the resource sector, as well as its benefits and a short case study of a recent streaming agreement.

Ich 

What is Stream Financing?

In a typical metals stream financing, a streaming company makes an upfront payment to a resource company in return for the right to purchase a fixed percentage of future production of one or more metals produced by a project, and makes on-going payments for each unit of metal delivered under the streaming agreement. Streaming transactions are generally long term in nature and are often for the life-of-mine.

The upfront payment may be payable in one payment at closing but, for projects in the development stage, is often advanced in stages as the resource company reaches certain construction milestones. While some streaming arrangements require the upfront payment to be used for specific purposes, others permit the resource company to use the funds as it sees fit. Still others provide for payment on closing but require partial repayment if certain milestones are not met.

https://www.stikeman.com/en-ca/kh/canadian-mining-law/stream-financing-a-primer

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.