AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-18246

1. 1,988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1169
    "As AVZ holders, we should urge management to appoint a high profile chairman and employ right consultants to deliver binding deals, imo. "

I respect your opinion. But disagree with this.

AVZ has to watch its spending. At last cash raise they outlined some spending items. They also, at that time had not changed (had not moved further away) the delivery of the Definitive Feasibility Study. But now they have.

They now need either to tighten their spending to make it to the later DFS or will need to get cash from somewhere.

Whilst their recent hires and expansion of management team could be good things they also carry a cost. As did their office relocation. You are smart enough to know, I believe, another cash raise prior to DFs is quite likely.

I just don't see a high profile chairman making a difference. High profile suggests that those who need to know about AVZ don't. I find it inconceivable that anyone in the market for a supply of lithium in the world (in China or anywhere - I include everyone who'd be interested in an offtake agreement in that generalization) would be unaware of Manono and AVZ at this point. Do you really think they could be?

High profile isn't the need. Specifically addressing areas where greater confidence on the part of partners is likely to be required is the need. I believe those areas are transport and contractual certainty about transport - which also hooks into delivery times for any offtakes and into construction times for any plants - you need roads to move construction materials over too.

Nigel himself may be able to specifically address those areas if he doesn't have to keep nurse maiding retail shareholders demand that he do stuff - some of which isn't thought through - like spending money on a high profile chairman, in my opinion.

If Nigel spends money on dumb stuff and needs another cash raise he plays into a hostile takeover scenario with Huayou in the hot seat in my opinion. Now that scenario might still see AVZ bag in share price so some spruikers that are traders could still do okay out of that but it would not be the best value for long term holders.

KDR got a deal with wesfarmers. Some traders are happy but some long term holders not so much. Too much value is forfeit.

Thanks for you contribution. You are worth disagreeing with.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.