AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-20024

1. 1,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 381
    Given some slightly odd bits of news/announcements, something appears to be happening that is not yet in the public domain...
    - Cancellation of AVZ's presentation at the recent 121 Mining Conference in New York
    - Samples have now been in for met testing for close to a month and are freely available to interested parties for independent verification/testing
    - performance rights getting rushed through
    - the sudden announcement of a "non-binding and non-exclusive" strategic relationship agreement with Huayou
    - sudden recent massive spike in buying volume

My best guess is that one of the big players might now be sniffing around. Huayou have become aware of it due to their seat on the AVZ Board and have now had to take action from a weakened position.

By all reports, Huayou have been spruiking for a long time within Chinese circles that they control the Manono deposit. I think they now realise that they're not going to get it at a bargain basement price and are not in a financial position to pay a fair price for control of the resource either.

Being Chinese, they need to save face so they've had to come back with a very basic agreement so they appear like they have some say in moving the Manono project forward.

I still think that the met tests are the key but that cancellation of the NY presentation might have been the first indicator that something is up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.