AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-21399

1. 9,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17704
    That is starting to change - for example Tianqi and Albermale, who are the JV partners in Greenbushes, are now building hydroxide facilities in WA. And other WA plays have dreams also of producing hydroxide in WA.

Part of the reason for hydroxide facilities starting to be built outside China is China's VAT taxes on exports - if you are a battery maker outside China that becomes a cost saving if can source hydroxide product from outside China. I went through that in this post - what that means is how you interpret the trend to the extent of hydroxide production and hence battery production outside China (which will increase albeit China will continue IMO to be the predominant hydroxide producer IMO). Refer last paragraph in this post - Post #: 39449778

(In WA, given energy is a large component of producing hydroxide, access to low cost energy, compared to China, is also the main driver for many looking at hydroxide facilities in WA as well - Post #: 34095243).

I do agree that AVZ SP will increase when lithium prices rebound. It was part of the reason for my post yesterday (half way down) as well when comparing SP of explorers to producers. Refer - Post #: 39596559

All IMO

Last edited by Scarpa: 20/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.