AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I am a firm believer in AVZ, its resources and I thank all of...

1. GD4
    129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    I am a firm believer in AVZ, its resources and I thank all of you for your input on this thread.

I think that it is a very difficult time for the consumer to decide on EV's, solar and battery storage in Australia.

Through some research I have recently found the following which is a boat that pretty much runs on solar power see link below:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2020/silent-silent-55-3647178/

The silent Yacht runs on solar power and batteries, for all of the boats inside needs including refrigeration, air conditioning, lighting and navigation as well as propulsion. If the boat runs out of electricity then it has a substantial generator and diesel to charge its battery to continue on and charge the batteries.

This boat claims to be able to travel continuously without the need for fuel or water indefinitely without refueling and I don't dispute this one bit.

However, after reading the boat review below the main and only issue is that the boat can only continue to operate without diesel and using only solar power is, that you would have to travel at between 5 to 6 knots per hour. This will possibly put the boat in bad weather between ports.

Note that this boat will travel at 16 knot's plus much further if the generator charges the batteries while running hence more fuel.

https://www.yachtingworld.com/boat-test/review-silent-55-solar-powered-yacht-118869

If you are travelling anywhere in NSW in a powerboat you would need to be doing much more than 5 to 6 knots to do 200 nautical mile journeys to your next destination with good weather.

This is what makes and Electric boat more difficult to purchase. If this boat had a much larger range at higher speeds with larger or more efficient batteries then this makes this boat more attractive to boat purchaser's.

Battery technology maybe the key in particularly hard cell. If the range of this boat and electric vehicles can be expanded then this will make EV's E V boats and Battery storage so much more palatable to consumers.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.