AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Upon reflection on what transpired during the last 3 trading...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Upon reflection on what transpired during the last 3 trading days, below is my personal reflection:

Great news was released on Monday which did not have a positive effect on the SP. On top of that, the information about Glencore problem with the DRC became more prominent.

The selloff started on Tuesday with not so high velocity.

Then multiple large single sell orders of 500K-1mil shares started which continue to today. This creates fear.

There were a few counter large buy orders (500k-1mil) shares throughout both days. This creates a sense of security for holders.

After shareholders started to feel that the market had bottomed out due to large buy orders, even larger sell orders appeared in the queue. This heightens the fear even more. As a result, irrespective of emotional or rational decision, holders sell at lower prices either because of fear or to protect their capital.

The large systematic sell or buy orders (>1m shares) haven't happened as regularly during previous AVZ downturns.

Based on my own opinion, the above shows that, irrespective of whether one is rational or emotional, many people will sell, either because of fear (emotional decision) or because they know they should be able to sell and buy back later at a lower price (rational decision). The only reason why some people are not yet selling because the CGT threshold hasn’t been breached i.e. the opportunity cost of selling is higher than hold for them at the moment.

The above points indicate that this is an orchestrated effort to drive the SP lower by some group or entities, irrespective if it is through shorting or not. What's their motive? No one knows.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.